Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unemployment!


Apparently if I move to another state and still want to claim unemployment I have to call an 800 number. I knew I wasn't the first to do this, I just didn't know where it was in the booklet they sent. Thank God I have insomnia and was just reading this thing.

So we'll see what they say. I think as long as I keep looking for work and remain a resident of this state, I'll be able to keep claiming benefits. Here's hoping. It would turn out to be about as much as working a retail job, which wouldn't have kept me alive here, but if I'm living with my dad it will pay all my bills, and maybe even COBRA, which is insurance for unemployed folks. I need to look into that, too.

Last time I was unemployed and had no insurance I was a mess. I know I've written about it here before. It was when I didn't leave the big red chair for weeks. I was manic, and then I was more depressed than I've ever been. So I'm getting a 6 month prescription on my meds from my doctor, and then I'm going to get some sort of insurance to tide me over. I can't go without meds again. That will just make the situation bad, and any opportunities will be wasted on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment