Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It all makes sense


I'm awake and thinking about lots of things. They say not to change anything in the first year, and yet here I am, about to change everything. Or maybe, God is changing everything for me. He's given me a giant billboard that says, "Here's your opportunity." And so I'm taking it. I'm going to take this opportunity to reinvent myself. I can go back and be anyone I want, because I am someone different than when I left. I am a stronger person, now, and able to take change in stride.

I'm packing up my house in preparation and trying to figure out what else to do with my week. I need to get a few more boxes, and my friend Virginia suggested that I go sit with a cup of coffee at the bookstore tomorrow. I think that's a great idea. Just take it easy.

I'm still in a little shock about the job thing. I'm not quite sure what happened, and I'm trying to get in touch with HR for a good explanation. I've never been reprimanded for my performance, or anything like that. In fact, last week my boss said I was doing a good job! But he's volatile, and probably made a snap decision because he was mad over one thing or another. He's hard to get a read on. I'm a little mad (resentment!) over the whole thing. I hate that I'll have to mark it on any resume that asks if I've ever been fired. I wish I would have been given the option to resign.

But I kind of saw it coming once he became my boss. I had my resume prepared the week after he stepped in, cause I just knew something would go wrong. And I was prepared to move, anyway. It all seems to be making sense....

No comments:

Post a Comment