Sunday, September 12, 2010

Like sands through the hourglass


I'm not sure if it's just money running through my fingers, or I'm just in need of a lot of stuff. I know I don't need any more shoes, though I just bought two more pair. I know I am out of hangers, but I just bought more clothes. Everything is really cute, was on sale, and is wearable to work and with other stuff I have. But man am I spending money like mad.

I also just spent $400 this morning to do more work on my tattoo, and I have two sessions left. That's a $1,400 tattoo, not including tips - and I overtip every time. I mean, the man is putting something permanent on me, I want him to be happy, too. He said he's going to add it to his book and website because he's so proud of it. That's pretty awesome.

So money is running through me like water. And my closet is full to prove it. And my back hurts. So at least I have something to show for my wastefulness.

I think I'm just nervous. If this job goes through that means I've got to get those last two sessions of tattoo done fast before I get out of dodge. Or come back. I don't want anyone else working on my tattoo but him. And if I'm moving home the dress code is WAY different. Here, it's really laid back. My boss wore sweats everyday. People show off their tattoos. At home, it's suits and high heels in the work place. None of this lazy, punk and blue hair stuff anymore. I even had pink hair this summer and no one cared. At home, that would never fly.

So updating my wardrobe is something I've been doing in order to go home. I needed some work pants and blazers instead of the cardigan I've been living in for 5 years. It's all necessary, if I'm moving.

If I'm not, at least I'll look nice while I'm moping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment