Thursday, September 16, 2010

Onwards ho


It hasn't really hit me yet that I'm moving home. And in with my dad. I love my dad, and that will be no problem, but I'm such a statistic now. "Adult moves back in with parents cause she can't support herself." What a loser I feel like! It does make the most sense, though. He was funny. He said, "It's not the first time you've moved back in with me." Ouch. I was 19 that time, so I think it was just fine. 11 years ago. I hope this doesn't make a pattern emerge. I don't want to be 40, unemployed, and living at home.

I'm kind of sad to leave this place. I have a lot of great, supportive friends who are helping me move even though they're really upset. I understand. It's all so sudden. I haven't given them a proper chance to say goodbye. But I hate goodbyes anyway. And I'll be back. I have to come back in November and December for stuff anyway (and get my tattoo finished!).

I'll miss the nice weather, even though I hate it. I miss snow and fireflies, crickets and thunderstorms. I'll get all of that now. But I will miss the eternal sunshine.

I can't believe I'm moving in three days. I better get this job!

No comments:

Post a Comment