Monday, September 13, 2010

Stop the shop


Ok, the shopping has officially gotten a bit out of control. I mean, everything I order I actually need (most of the time) but I'm still buying a lot, and I've started to use my credit cards.

I bought a ring on Friday. It's cool - decorative silver which covers half my finger and a huge turquoise stone in it. I bought it to replace something special which I lost while drunk. Last year, we went to an all weekend wine tasting. $40 got you two days and 20 wineries to pick from. We rented 2 hotel rooms to share among the 8 of us, and carpooled around the area. I, of course, was the drunk driver. We got home to the hotel on the last night, and drank even more. I put my $150 real turquoise and silver ring from New Mexico on the nightstand (I think) and passed out. In the morning, I forgot to put them back on. The hotel says they never found them, and I really have no idea where they were. The ring was really special, and was an investment for my collection of turquoise from my grandma. So this is a replacement for my sobriety.

Next, I purchased more clothes from Ann Taylor. I really should be banned from that store. I can't get out of there without spending obscene amounts of money.

On Sunday after hockey I gave in and purchased my own gear. It was $600, but now I'll have gear that's not falling apart and actually fits me. And doesn't smell. Using communal gear that at least 5 years of other goalies have sweat in is disgusting, and always gives me acne.

Stop me from shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment