Thursday, October 14, 2010

All the young folks


I think I just found my niche. I went to a great meeting tonight at the behest of my sponsor. She couldn't go, but gave me a number and said I was carpooling. I love being told what to do. You don't have to think. I am usually more independent, but again, I'm working on being dependent.

So Jane came and got me and we rolled out to the meeting. It was a young people's celebration meeting, and the room was packed. It was pretty hilarious, though, all the women on one side, all the men on the other. I love it.

I met a group of ladies who all have varied levels of sobriety, with a few still living in the women's home. I got about 6 phone numbers of women who want to take me to meetings and to hang out. And there were tons of smokers, so we all stood around for an hour afterwards and hung out chit-chatting. They were funny, and fun, and talked about all sorts of things, not just sobriety.

My sponsor and I are headed into the city tomorrow for another young people's meeting and to get together to finally chat. It'll be nice to get to know her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment