Friday, October 15, 2010

Beginner's ain't so bad


Had another great night out with the girls tonight. Went to a beginners meeting with my sponsor and met some more of her friends and other sponsees (pigeons). Now, normally, I hate beginner meetings. All they do is open it up for questions and people just chat about boring shit or read Living Sober (which I actually think is uproariously funny). But this one was different.

The format was just like a normal speaker meeting, and they read How It Works! Thank God. It was nice to see the sobriety in the room - from five days to 22 years. People were really there to support the newcomers.

Afterwards we headed to Rasha's house for pizza and smoking time. Luckily the girls all smoke, too. And of course, we all talked about how we want to quit. I suppose that's what smokers do, especially AA smokers.

Tomorrow I'm going to a golf tournament filled with sober folks, and I already have a service position there.

At the meeting we all went around and introduced ourselves and said if we had a sponsor and a home group. I need to find a home group. I do like the Thursday night Unity Plus meeting I went to last night. There were a lot of great people there, and lots of sobriety. It's not too far from here, either. I want something kinda close to home. If I get a job in the city I may stay here in my town instead of moving to the town closer to my mom, though that wouldn't make sense, since I would have to take the dog to her house anyway unless I train him to be home a few hours and get a dog walker for the day. Maybe I could pay my mom train fair to come walk him.

But I'm getting WAY ahead of myself. I think right now I'll make this town my home, and find a home group here.

No comments:

Post a Comment