Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh so early


Sometimes you've got to sacrifice sleep in order to get to meetings.

I have lunch with the old folks in my family on Saturday so I need to hit a meeting before just to steady myself. My crazy old aunt will probably mock me for not drinking, just because she's kind of a caustic person. Then again, I was wrong about Diane, so I might be wrong again. Anyway, I want to go to a meeting beforehand just in case. So guess when I've got to go? 7:30am. That's right, AM if I want one before. Ugh.

There are tons of meetings after, and I'm sure my sponsor will take me to one Saturday night. I still haven't found a social life, but I think now with these ladies I'll have more things to do than I have time to do it. Adam is busy this weekend with his dad visiting, so I'll have tons of time to make connections. Not that Adam stands in the way of that, but on a typical Saturday I would ask him to take me to a meeting. He knows so many great people and he's just fun to be around.

I can't seem to sleep. I think I'm on a meeting high. I am just really excited about that meeting I just came from, and all the good people I met there. I hope to keep cultivating these relationships. Hey, being unemployed is good for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment