Thursday, October 14, 2010

Changing perspective


Had lunch with Adam today. It's nice to be so close and be able to hang out with him on a semi-regular basis. He really does give the best hugs.

On today's theme of changing your perspective, we talked about people who rant all the time instead of looking for solutions. I'm a pretty solution oriented gal. I like to look for the things I can do instead of the things I can complain about. I usually don't complain a lot.

He's having trouble at work and home with complainers who don't want solutions. I feel for him. I'm pretty lucky that both of my parents are pretty optimistic folks who look on the bright side of life and always made really good lemonade from lemons. Though my dad does complain about politics. I always tell him to go back to work and work for change if he's so mad, but he is loving retirement.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it to that meeting tonight. It's a dual-diagnosis one in the city, but mom just dropped off the dog. I've got to make sure my dad will be here to hang out with him, since she didn't bring the cage. Enough about me. How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment