Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Drinking in school


I was thinking, when Niki was talking about boarding school, that I haven't told a lot of my boarding school stories here. I got in to trouble, but they always seemed to let me get away with it. I was expelled twice, once because I was pregnant, and once because I overdosed on LSD and lithium. Hey, at least I was taking my meds.

Yep. Overdosed. Did I tell you this already? I think I did. So I won't until later when I forget that I told it already.

I was a drinker in high school, too. I was definitely an addict. I couldn't get enough drugs to fill my system, but I was beginning my foray into drinking. We (the ladies and I) used to sit around at night and smoke and drink. We would hide in the forest after lights out and play around with drugs and alcohol. My roommate and I hid a bottle of Jack in my desk and would put a little into our diet Coke's during study hall.

There was always drugs and alcohol in school. You would think being underage, 4 miles from the nearest town (where everyone knew us - it was a really small town), and far from anything else (50 miles to the city) that it would be hard to get those things. But it wasn't. Someone always had something, and it was usually me who brought in the drugs. I'm so lucky no one else ever overdosed.

So when you think you're saving your kids by sending them to boarding school, just remember that they have all the same opportunities to fuck up there as they do at home - they're just watched more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment