Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Is there a shopper's anonymous?


I am shopping. I know, I know; I'm unemployed and need to save my money. But I shopped today and yesterday. I bought a dress (40% off and on sale), a sweater (totally not on sale), 3 pair of shoes (all on sale), and a purse (on sale). So at least I'm responsibly shopping.

But I'm not drinking. I haven't had a drink today, which is a miracle, right? One day at a time.

I have to go to a meeting tonight, but I'm so tired and I just can't seem to get up the energy to want to go. I think I have time for a nap, so we'll see when I get up whether or not I can function. I think I'm getting a little depressed, but I feel manic. I'm sleeping a lot, and eating a lot, but I'm also shopping a lot and focusing on stuff like reading 10 books at a time. I'm reading that book Recovery which is really interesting. He talks about AA in a spiritual sense, and uses quotes from all religions. Maybe that's what I'll do instead of nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment