Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stick with the winners


As I left the retreat, Sister Bonnie said to me, "I know I'll see you back here. You can see it in your face: you want this. Stick with the winners."

I do want this. I want a better connection to my God. I want a better, drug free life (even cigarettes), I want to grow enough to help other people overcome their addictions. Maybe I should go back to school for social work or counseling. Addiction counseling would be interesting, but I would want some mental health training there, too. I bet the college of social work at my old university would take me. I could get a reference from my old therapist. What an interesting thing to think of.

I could even go back and get a master's in religion (I have my BA in religious studies), and do religious counseling. Maybe even one day lead a retreat like we just had: small, intimate groups. I hate big speaking events.

A change is in store. Let's see what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment