Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A woman's home


I went to a great meeting tonight at a local women's recovery program house. It was full of sober women who were ready to share, and they read How It Works! I missed that. I met a group who really wants to get sober, and put themselves in there in order to give themselves the best shot at sobriety.

I also got a sponsor. Niki is younger than me but has 6 years of sobriety. She was the lead tonight, and really told my story. She was in boarding school, too, and had trouble with suspensions and expulsions. She had homelessness and institutions, she had parental problems and mental illness in her story. What she said really spoke to me.

We were outside with the other ladies talking, and she asked if I needed a sponsor. I said yes, I was looking to start over with step one with someone on this coast. She offered, and I accepted. She seems really sweet. She's in school, and doesn't work either, so I'm sure we'll have time to work on things.

I'm really looking forward to having a sponsor. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment