Sunday, October 10, 2010

Women's Retreat


Had a great women's retreat this weekend in the city. I met a ton of really great women, and had some inspirational moments. I'll share some with you in the next couple of posts.

The retreat was at a nunnery in the city, in a nice wooded area near a university. There were 5 nuns still living there, and a nun who is in the program led the sessions. She was hilarious and genius. Her name is Sister Bonnie, and I recommend her if you're having a retreat any time soon.

We had small sessions, and AA meetings, and conference meetings from the retreat director. It really was a wonderful time, and I got to hang out with some nuns.

I love nuns. They radiate peacefulness, and you can always tell a nun a mile away. They just give off this special aura. A nun once said to me, "If you don't question your religion, you're not a good Catholic." I believe it. It was nice to sit in chapel and repeat all the prayers I learned as a child, and I just avoided the one phrase I hate, "It is right to give Him thanks and praise." I just hate that it says it is right. It seems like all others must be wrong if that's right. So now I just don't say it. Ok, on to the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment