Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Being fired probably was my fault


It gets you no where to think that other people are the source of your problems. I have been thinking that my old boss was just a jackass who didn't like me. But tonight I was talking to the ladies and they suggested something: maybe they did know about my alcoholism and it just took a while to catch up?

It had been three months since I quit drinking when I got fired, but perhaps they were just waiting till I had finished that project? I was working on something big, but they did fire me right before an event I was working on.

I had shown up to work drunk or hungover all the time. I fell asleep at my desk almost every day. I really wasn't accomplishing anything because of my alcoholism and depression. I did play a part in this, but it wasn't my fault. It was no one's fault. I can't beat myself up over it, I just need to acknowledge my part in it. And that's part of step four.

No comments:

Post a Comment