Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy talk



Happy talk, keep talking happy talk...

So I was talking to my dad the other night, and besides saying, "Get over it," to my complaints about feeling down, he suggested something else: show tune therapy.

"No one is upset while singing show tunes!" he said. And it's true! How can you be sad singing a show tune? And there's one for everything. Break up with someone? How about Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair from South Pacific? Feel like getting in a fight? How about something from West Side Story? Or can't get that man to commit? Try Guys and Dolls! There's a show tune for just about anything.

I think this week is going to be show tune week. I've got almost every 1960s musical at home, and it's time to watch them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment