Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tattoos and pain


I just realized something - I get tattoos instead of cut.

I've been really yearning for a tattoo lately. I was supposed to get one last month, but my dog got sick and I had to spend the money at the vet. My next one is scheduled for August 22, and I was thinking today that I can't wait that long. There's a tattoo parlor next door to my work, and I was thinking of just getting something small - something to tide me over until I get the next installment in my back piece.

I have 6 tattoos, and I've been tattooed more 10 times (some of them took a couple sessions). I'm working on a full back piece that will take up one whole side of my back. I love tattoos. I think they're beautiful and sexy. But I use them, too. I use them to get over my urge for pain and blood. I satisfy that deep urge by getting art put on my body. I love the pain that comes with it. I once sat for a tattoo for four hours. I could have gone longer, but my butt hurt just sitting there, and he was tired.

So I suppose I have been "cutting" all along. I've just been having someone else do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment