Friday, July 30, 2010

Words of wisdom


So my sponsor is on vacation, but I emailed her earlier in the week saying my quitting smoking plan failed miserably. She had some great words of wisdom: "One of the suggestions in AA is do not make any major changes in the first year....i think quitting smoking is one of those items. Give yourself a chance to be sober and feel all that comes with that before you add that to the mix. Trust me - i tried to do it as well.....AHHHH!!! When you are ready you will do it."

She's right. Part of not changing anything in your first year is not changing anything - including the parts that are bad for you. I don't need to make any more changes. This year has already been a really full year for changes and adventures, and I need to lay low and not stress myself any more than I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment