Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another nothing post


Ok, so sleeping isn't working. I am still sitting here, Googling random stuff just to try to keep my mind on something other than the nothing that is sitting in my brain.

What is the nothing?


I love that movie. I've said it before, I feel like the nothing is that part of depression that just takes over your self and makes everything disappear. The only way to save your world is to confront your fears, like Atrayu does in the end. Eventually, he saves the world from the crippling nothing.

That's how my emotions are right now - nothing, but something deep down. I know they're there, just waiting to bust to the surface in some fashion or another. So how does this relate to sobriety? Well, you can't save yourself without some help. Atrayu had his buddies to help him. I have God and the fellowship of AA, and pharmaceuticals. That's a lot of help!

1 comment: