Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Your will is strong, young Jedi


"Self-will is a form of fear, while willingness is a form of faith." Sane - Marya Hornbacher

self-will (slfwl)n.
Willfulness, especially in satisfying one's own desires or adhering to one's own opinions.

"I'm the piece of shit the world revolves around." Kristen

Self-will is pretty damn strong. Don't we all think the world revolves around us? You may not think you do, but look deep. We're all out to satisfy our own needs, and sometimes without regards to the needs of others.

I've always been an "other" focused person, worrying more about their needs than mine. At least I thought so. But I worry about me all the time. I worry about how my life is going to fall into place, and I worry about how I'm going to keep my sanity. I don't think that's self-will run riot, because it doesn't hurt others, but sometimes it hurts me, so that must be "riot."

I'm still not sure I can apply "self-will run riot" to my life, but as they say, more will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment