Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wave the white flag


"Surrender as much of yourself as you understand to as much of God as you understand."

That's a nice way to look at it. As much of myself as I understand. I sure as hell don't understand everything yet, or anything for that matter, except that I have an obsessive personality and I need help. If I can just surrender these two things now, I'll be on the path to sobriety.

Surrender: to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence)

Surrender is the letting go of yourself over to your higher power and letting Him/She/It/Doorknob have control. You are not in control. I have to keep reminding myself of that. That no matter how I hold on to control and grasp with all my might, I'm not really in control of anything. It doesn't matter how hard I hold on, I'm already not in control, so I just need to let go and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment