Thursday, July 29, 2010

Together in our struggles


I shared today in the meeting that I'm bipolar and was having trouble with the feelings I've been feeling, and how God hasn't quite taken away that obsession with alcohol. Alcohol is such a nice depressant, taking away those highs and leveling me out. But I have to remember, I wasn't just using when I was high, I was digging myself into a hole, not filling it.

A newcomer came up to me after the meeting and thanked me for sharing that. It was his second meeting, and he was feeling alone because he didn't know anyone else was bipolar. We talked about the specific struggles one has when feeling these emotions, but being higher or lower than normal folks. I think it helped him to know he wasn't alone.

And if I can be any help to anyone else going through this, know you are not alone. We're in it together, and we can help each other succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment