Saturday, July 31, 2010

We're at the mall!


I hate the mall. They all look alike, and I totally get disoriented in them. I come out of a store and think I was coming from the left, when I was really coming from the right. I can't stand the pushy people and the tightly packed stores. I hate parking in the lot three miles away from the entrance. I just hate shopping.

My friend Amanda and I went shopping today. We headed over to the suburbs (where it's hot as hell) and went to the gigantic mall. It had everything that malls always have, except the Orange Julius store, which was sad. But I did find a cute sweater.

And you know what? I didn't have to be driven crazy by all the things I hate about shopping. I've become, already, a calmer person, letting the things that used to drive me nuts just go. We checked out all the fashion insanity in the big box stores, and even saw the beginning of the American Mall Model competition. Awesomely trashy. Ok, so I might be calmer, but I still am judgey. I guess that character defect will be slow to go.

I feel better this weekend. I'm not as crazy as I've been lately. It feels like everything is going to be ok. I have some anxiety still, but nothing like before. I don't even feel the need to get another tattoo right now. I feel good. Huh. Feel. I feel optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment