Saturday, July 31, 2010

Serenity Prayer


God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Serenity is what I'm looking for. That acceptance of things as they are: living in the present and not the future. There are many things one can't change. You can't change the state of the world. You can't change the way the sun moves across the sky. You can't change other people or their reactions to situations. You can influence only yourself and your own reactions - sometimes you can't even control that.

Courage. God grant me the courage to get through every day and to surrender to this program with all my might.

Ah, the wisdom to know the difference. Again, control. It's time for me to give up control. Controlling my own life obviously wasn't working for me, now was it? So it's time to let something else have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment