Sunday, August 1, 2010

Add another resentment to the pile


Mercury must be in retrograde again. Like it always is.

All my technology is having issues. I have a back up drive for everything: my music, movies, pictures, and resume. It died this morning, and I don't have some of that stuff anywhere else. I know, I know. Stupid. I should have two drives to keep the important stuff on. At least I have my resume at work, but the movies are all on that drive. Michael is trying to fix it, but it's still blinking red.

My phone is dying, too. It went white screen on me, and the battery only last about 30 minutes before it dies. I was talking to my dad last night, and it completely cut out halfway through the conversation. Sometimes if I turn it off and let it rest for a minute it recharges a bit, but that didn't happen this time. With my plan I can go get another phone, but I'm pretty sure you don't get the good deals when you're just renewing.

My computer is also having issues, but it's mostly the internet. It also likes to die on me. And my mouse died earlier in the week, though Michael fixed that, too. It's nice to have techie friends.

So this might be an expensive month. I'm getting the next installment in my back piece (tattoo), which should run me about $400. If I have to get a new phone and drive, I'm going to be wiping out my bank account. I don't make enough money for this shit.

So I'm adding another resentment: technology. It sure can be helpful, and it sure can be frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment