Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dreaming of Bud


I had a dream last night that was so real. I was with some friends, cleaning up after a party, and talking to one of them. I reached out to clean something up, and the next thing I knew I had taken a swig of a Bud lite. I could taste it. I could feel it in my mouth and actually taste it. Suddenly, I got really worried. I didn't even remember wanting it or reaching for it, or even taking that swig! I wasn't sure if I should just get wasted now that I'd ruined everything, or if I should just freak out and call my sponsor.

The thing is, no one I know drinks Bud lite, nor did I (since high school).

I woke up without the taste in my mouth, and went to a meeting. I've heard people say they have booze dreams, but I'd never had one before. It was just so real.

Emily called today to talk about AA. She was really supportive, and asked if I had a sponsor and all sorts of other questions. She was great. I wasn't sure if she would remind me of her trip through AA and try to discourage me, or not. She didn't even try, she just laughed about her time there and had good questions. I told her about the quitting smoking and cutting thing, and she told me I'm an idiot for not calling her first. Honestly, it never popped into my mind to call someone. I just don't think like that most of the time. It's just not like me to reach out. But I will next time.

We talked about a lot of things, and it was really good to catch up with her. I need to call my friends more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment