Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'll laugh, God plans


In the meeting tonight someone said her sponsee once told her that God laughs while we plan. She didn't like that, God laughing at her, so she changed it. "I'll laugh, God plans."

God (or HP) has plans for us that we can't even imagine. He is willing to do for us what we can't do for ourselves, and often has things in our future that we never thought were possible. He gives us things we don't think we deserve, but we do. God takes care of us.

I've been thinking a lot about moving jobs, and I've been applying to some in my hometown, and some here. I've found a perfect one in each place, so I've applied and now I'll sit back and let God work. If I don't get either, that's ok. It's all going to be alright. I have a job, and it's a pretty good one, too, in some respects. And if He decides that it's time for me to move back home, He'll let me know. Every year I apply to positions back home, but they've always fallen through. I know now that God was trying to tell me something: I wasn't ready yet. I needed to grow more, in a way that I could only do here. He put me in a position where AA meetings are two blocks from work, and 4 blocks from home. He knew it was coming, even when I didn't.

So sit back and laugh while you let God do the planning for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment