Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Choose wisely


The speaker this morning said, "Just because you sit in a garage doesn't make you a car." Just because you sit in these rooms doesn't make you recovered. You have to work for it. Work, work, work, they say.

We all make choices every day. We can make the choice to get sober, and stay sober, or we can make the choice to stay out there. God may be in control of the outcome, but He presents you with the choice and the fork in the road. I really liked what she had to say. She also said: The past is gone, tomorrow hasn't happened yet. All we have is today.

That's right. All I can do is stay sober for today. One day at a time is all I need to do. I can't think about what's going to happen tomorrow, and I can't dwell on everything that has happened in the past. I just need to be the best Anne I can be for today.

It's amazing that you always hear something you need to at a meeting. God really presents you with great insight through the words and deeds of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment