Monday, August 2, 2010

It's all about the We


We admitted we were powerless over alcohol....

We came to believe....

It's all about the we. We of the program. A few people have mentioned lately that it says We not I in all of the steps, and how profound that is. Even when they were writing the steps 75 years ago they recognized the importance of the group power. They saw just how important We was.

I love that. I couldn't do it without the people in this program, like my sponsor, my friends, and the other newcomers I see heading in the door. It's inspiring to know that others have these problems, and that I'm not alone. I'm not out there crazy by myself drinking myself into a stupor. I'm in a room with other people who have been there, and understand my willingness to do this program, even though I still have that desire to drown my sorrows in alcohol. And they are there for me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment