Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Moving on up


I think about moving all the time. I think about being home (on the east coast), closer to my dad, Adam, and all my baby cousins growing up. I have a few under age 5 and a new one on the way. It would be great to have them around and see them more than at Christmas. My entire family is there (even my aunt is moving there) and I already have a team of friends who love me and are there for me. If I ever get married, I'd love to be closer to them all. I would move to have my parents close to help me raise a child, and I would love to buy a house in a certain part of the town near where I grew up.

I love being there. I even love the snow. I don't like the humidity, but the transportation system is excellent, and the jobs are plentiful. I like the area a lot.

But I like this area, too. It's beautiful, close to a lot of great things, I have good friends, and... well, that's all I can think of right now, but that's a lot.

So I vacillate wildly between wanting to move and not wanting to move. Right now I'm looking at jobs in both places. Maybe I'll apply in both places and just see which one comes up first. To tell the truth, I'd go wherever... nevermind. I miss my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment