Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Doing the drug dance


"Patients with bipolar disorder who failed to find relief from their depression with other standard treatments experienced fast-acting relief from a single intravenous (IV) dose of a drug called ketamine, according to a new, small study."

Um, ketamine, like Special K? Uh, people have been abusing that for years. Yes, of course it brings you up - it works like PCP!

"Ketamine produces effects similar to phencyclidine .... Ketamine produces a dissociative state, characterised by a sense of detachment from one's physical body and the external world which is known as depersonalization and derealization."

I totally used to snort and smoke Special K for the amazing effects it had on me. I loved PCP, so when K became more available I switched. Well, used both is more like it. It can take you out of your body, which is nice when all you want to do is escape yourself. Like any drug, it makes you feel like you don't have any troubles, but it can also make you feel even crazier.

I wonder sometimes if all the damage I did by doing drugs just made my mental illness worse. It probably didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment