Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Big Book rocks


I keep staring at my inbox hoping for another email from a company asking for an interview. I know, 2 out of 10 is pretty good, but I like having options. And I like giving interviews.

I've given this decision up to God. There is a life for me here if I need it, but I know I need to go home at some point. I've got to face the music. I ran away to the other side of the country to try and get some peace, and I learned to do that.

Today in the meeting we read "Gutter Bravado" on page 501 of the Big Book. The guy talks about running away from home to get his drink on, and that's just what I did. I know that I need to learn to live with the people I ran from, and that my life will be better if I can do that.

So I'm asking God to make the decision for me: stay or go. Whichever happens, I'm good with it. I'll keep applying to places, but he'll pick which one picks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment