Thursday, August 19, 2010

The job hunt


I'm sitting here at midnight job hunting. I keep refreshing the page thinking they'll be something new, but not even east coast recruiters are recruiting this early. I think I'm just doing it as habit, now.

I can't sleep. That's not true, I did sleep. I just woke up at 10 after sleeping since 6. I love naps during the day. Now, of course, I'm not tired. So I'm sitting here typing away and telling stories. I love to tell stories. It's actually what I do for a living. I call myself a bullshit artist, because I get to take a simple program and make it sound like a community-building, life-changing experience. It's fun!

So that's what I'm looking for - more bullshit work. There are some good options out there, but I'm trying to be picky. I'm picking stuff close to where I want to live, and not out in the boonies. There's one for a company I would want to work for, but they're across the metro area from where I want to live, and that's just too much of a commute for me. I actually don't mind commuting, but with the dog, well, I don't want to be too much of a burden on my mom.

Thank God my mom offered to watch the dog. I couldn't afford doggy daycare, and I'm sure he'd get kicked out. Well, that or another dog would try to eat him. Dogs like to attack my dog, which could be another reason he's so skittish and needy.

So I'll keep looking. I really hope I get the one I interviewed for. It just sounds like a nice challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment