Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Holy moly


Wow, this resentment thing is insane. I've only been working on it for an hour and already I have 6 pages, going back to kindergarten. I don't have as much on my mom as I thought I would, but I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

I do have a lot of resentments against myself. I seem to be able to go on and on on that one. There's just a lot that I've done that I didn't think I regretted - I've always prided myself on living life on life's terms and not regretting things. Apparently I have been deluding myself this whole time. Not that I hate myself, or anything (though hating myself is on the list), but I've done some things I'm not proud of, and that causes bitterness, which is a nicer way of saying resentment.

My best friend from kindergarten came up, too. We were so close, and then one day she was just able to drop me. I haven't heard from her since I was 16. I can't find her anywhere, and I'm afraid to call her mom. I don't know. So, she was in to witchcraft and it scared me. We were 13, and I still told my mom everything then. I told her, she told this girl's mom, and she got in trouble. And she never spoke to me again. Harsh. So there's three resentments there: me for telling, her for ditching me, and mom for breaking my confidence.

It's amazing what you can find out just going through this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment