Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dog, you are so on my list


I am so bitter against my dog sometimes. It's like having a small child that barks at everything and sheds. My dog is so on my list.

He is a destroyer when I'm not around. It's not like he eats my shoes (though he ate my favorite pair when he was a puppy) but he freaks out when I'm not around and pulls the carpet back from the door. I'm never getting my deposit back. I've trained him to be alone for 15 minutes while I walk over to buy cigarettes or diet Coke, but longer than that and he's got to go in his house (the cage). He can be in there up to 3 hours, which is what happens when I go to meetings or have to hit the grocery store.

But home alone all day? There's no way in hell. I'm really lucky that my ex's mom and I are friends, because she takes him while I'm at work and when I'm out of town. Or, on night's like tonight when I had a late meeting and didn't feel like driving out of my way to go get him.

I miss him when he's gone. He can be super annoying, but he's also super cute and loving. He loves to cuddle. He's a good dog. But he's still on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment