Saturday, August 21, 2010

Resentment follows me


Letting go of those resentments is the most important step, me thinks. With a resentment still in your heart, you can't really let God in. I read something today that sums it up:

“The moment you start to resent a person, you become his slave. He controls your dreams, absorbs your digestion, robs you of your peace of mind and goodwill, and takes away the pleasure of your work. He ruins your religion and nullifies your prayers. You cannot take a vacation without his going along. He destroys your freedom of mind and hounds you wherever you go. There is no way to escape the person you resent."

Resentments follow you around, and we all know that resentments are the biggest offender in leading to that next drink. So it's time for me to get them all down on paper so I can eventually let them go. As God wants, he will relieve me of the pain of these resentments and regrets. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment