Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tonight is all about resentment!


Here's another helpful tidbit:

A Few Causes of Resentment

It seems there are fairly universal cause of resentment. Most of us are likely to feel resentful when:
- Others try to tell us what to do, how to run our lives, what we need, what they think is best for us
- Others tell us what they think we should do, how they think we should feel, how they think we should act.
- Others feel and act superior to us.
- Others act in hypocritical ways.
- Others deprive us of our needs.
- We see those in power abusing their power and hurting others who are less powerful
- We feel falsely accused, judged, prejudged, discriminated against, labeled, ignored, attacked, hunted, persecuted, underestimated, invalidated
- We feel lied to or lied about.


Underestimated. Hm. I feel like that a lot. Especially at work. Of course, it would help if I did my work well instead of hiding from it. Then I would really show how good I can be, and people probably wouldn't underestimate me. But I also know this is bullshit. My boss makes me chair of association task forces. He asks me to do huge projects and is satisfied with them (I wouldn't say happy, since he never seems to get happy). I think in reality I'm valued and appreciated at work. It's my problem that I feel less than, not theirs.

I also feel underutilized (which is like underestimated) in my personal life. I feel like I have a lot to give and am not asked as much as I would like. I give regardless, but I would like to be asked. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment