Thursday, August 19, 2010

A brand new day


I just had a flashback to when I heard I was moving to the left coast.

My landlord was selling my house. He had told us at the beginning of December, and said we had the month to move out. I was really sad. I loved that place. It was a cute little 2 bedroom with a finished basement as my bedroom. It had a nice big yard, and was walkable to public transit. I had a lot of memories in that house, too. I'd been living there a year and a half or two years.

So since I was single, depressed, and having to move, I started applying for jobs here. I figured if I had to move, I'd move big.

I was standing in my living room with a friend of mine packing up my books from the bookshelf. There were boxes from my roommate everywhere. It was a sunny, cool afternoon. The light was really bright in the house, and I was feeling pretty good. Suddenly, my phone rang. "Hello, this is Anne." And then she told me. "We'd like to offer you a position and give you moving expenses."

I accepted, hung up the phone, and started jumping up and down. "I'm moving!" I kept yelling. I remember being so damn excited! It was the best feeling - I had a job, and I was finally moving someplace I'd always wanted to live.

I feel like that now - just waiting for the phone call to come. I'm nervous, and hoping to jump up and down in my living room again, but this time because I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment