Monday, November 15, 2010

Any lengths


Interesting: "The two keys to quit-success are: Commitment- you make up your mind to quit and are willing to go to any lengths to do so; and: Preparation- you take the time to develop a quit-plan that works for you, and to prepare for nonsmoking life."

"Willing to go to any lengths to do so." It's a lot like AA, methinks. Your first step is to admit you are powerless over cigarettes and the smoking has become unmanageable. The second step is to quit. The third step is to give it over to God. The fourth step is to look at all the triggers and try to change your behavior.

So why do I smoke? When I go to meetings, I think about smoking. When I walk the dog, I smoke. It's good that I'm here, because I can't just walk outside and smoke a cigarette whenever I want to. I need a good excuse to leave the house. So if I stop taking phone calls outside, that will cut back. If I stop smoking when I walk to the store, if I stop smoking at meetings, I won't smoke any more. I think I'll start with only smoking when I go to meetings. It might make me go to more meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment