Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We're all so proud


I was talking to Adam tonight and smoking a cigarette. "When the hell are you going to quit?" he asked. "Monday!" That's right, I set a date, I'm throwing out all my lighters and cigarettes, and I'm taking those lozenges. I think it'll be hard for a few days, but then I'll be up north around family who don't smoke, and I'll have no opportunity to go buy any. I'll be stuck in the house with the fam, and will only have to worry about eating too much.

Adam always tells me I smell like his grandpa. I don't want to smell like that anymore. I want to smell good. I want to smell like a girl, not a 70 year-old man.

I know everyone will be proud of me for quitting. It's been 15 years since I started smoking. And this year has been the year of change. I've made so many changes, and despite the bad stuff, it's been the best year of my life. 30 has really been an incredible year. I can't wait to see what 31 holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment