Friday, November 19, 2010

In business for yourself


A friend of mine is also unemployed (actually, I know a few of them) and he just ordered business cards. "What do they say, Shawn? Unemployed hot mess?" Well, apparently no, but they do say what Shawn wants to be doing for a living, and has his contact information. Interesting. I had thought about that before, so I decided to just go for it.

It was $100 for 150 cards and a card holder. They just say my name up front, and then on the back say my contact info, name, what I want to do, and my LinkedIn address. I thought it would be good to stick that on there, and now I've got to go clean it up a bit, and make sure I keep it updated.

I think I'll bring them to the conference I'm going to in a few weeks, and make sure to pass them out. I can also give them to people with whom I interview. It's nice to just stick in people's minds, and it will be good to even just sit on people's desks as a reminder that I'm looking for a job. And if I get a job soon, I can always keep them for just in case, or if I don't want people to have my professional card. For $100, I think it was a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment