Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A meeting with the psych doc planned


So I finally made and appointment with a psychiatrist. I am slowly running out of meds, and I need to talk to someone about adding vitamins and the lozenges to my regimen. I called someone I used to see, even though he's not on my network (it seems no one is), and the receptionist remembered me! Adam has been going to him for a while, and he remembered me, too. It'll be nice to restart with someone who knows me and already has a file on me.

I like this guy. He's real straight and to the point. He doesn't mess around, and he'll give you the free samples, too. He says he gets too many of them, so he passes them out to clients so they don't have to pay as much when they get their new meds. I think that's awfully nice of him.

My appointment isn't till after Thanksgiving. I'll make sure to talk to him about quitting alcohol, too. I want to stay on the Abilify, cause I can feel how that one makes me feel, but maybe I can go off the Lamictal. That one is the most expensive, and it's an anti-psychotic, which I'm not sure I need anymore. We'll see what Dr. C says.

No comments:

Post a Comment