Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eat that pie


"Many of us deal with depression, disappointment, loneliness and unfulfilled expectations during the holiday season....When our ideal holiday expectations are not met, we feel bad. That's when many of us resort to eating more food, more often, to keep the deeper stuff at bay."

We do eat to push down our emotions. And the holiday season can be really rough for a lot of folks. I like how they mention that people deal with unfulfilled expectations through eating. I need to watch out for this this season. I've got a lot of unfulfilled expectations going on, and some disappointment to deal with. But I'm really glad to be home. I like being here with my dad, and I get to be near Adam and my other friends.

So when I go up north for turkey day, I'm going to go for a run with my cousin and eat one piece of pie. Maybe 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment