Monday, November 15, 2010

A quitting partner


So Michael is going to quit with me. That's right, he smokes too. We even smoked before the half marathon, cause we're addicted. We're going to try to quit on Monday when we run out of cigarettes. He's only got about 10 cigarettes left, but he smokes less than I do. I think he's just going to go cold turkey and not do the lozenges, but I think I might need them. Apparently they make the symptoms of quitting less unbearable. I don't want to be really cranky in the car driving north for Thanksgiving.

Plus, Sunday is my dad's birthday. It would be nice to be able to quit as a present to him, though I don't think I'm going to tell anyone except my sponsor. I just won't smoke, and see how it goes.

All this talk about cigarettes is making me want one. But I already ran today, and took a shower. Showers can sometimes make me feel better. So what do I do instead? I need to not eat to make this go away, either. I really want to get back down to the weight I was before I moved here and stopped eating well. More about weight loss later, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment