Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And thats what causes that


Apparently, it's true. When you're stressed or sick you really do get depressed, and it's not all in your head. "Scientists previously observed that some people became depressed due to an immune response to illness or stress." It's your immune system!

When your immune system activates, you lose interest in the things that make you happy, according to hampsters on wheels. Stress can cause an immune reaction as well as illness. So right now, with all this stress, I should be down in the dumps. I should lose interest in running or doing other things I love, like going to meetings.

I tend to push myself even when I'm depressed. I try to do the things I love even when I'm not enjoying them. I'm enjoying the stuff I'm doing, now, when I get the motivation to do them. I think the meds are really what's keeping me out of the dumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment