Sunday, November 14, 2010

Turkey and a family of turkeys


Looks like we're going up north for Thanksgiving. I'm excited! I can't wait to see my aunt and uncle and my cousins. I don't get to see them very often, cause they never really leave the state. They suffer more financially than the rest of my family, so they don't take trips very often. My grandma is up there, too, so it will be nice to spend time with her. Maybe she can teach me to make her famous jam tarts. Those things are so tasty.

My aunt has a bunch of sisters who make their Thanksgiving specialties and bring them over the day of or the day before. One of her sisters makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Another makes great casseroles, and my aunt always makes tons of other foods. It's such a big family event.

Usually, I sneak outside to smoke cigarettes with her brother and all the uncles when I go out to get a beer. It will be interesting not drinking. I'll have to find a better excuse to go outside and smoke.

I'm going to go running with one of my cousins while I'm there, too. She's an adorable 20 year-old, and I suppose I should start thinking of her as a woman instead of the kid whose diapers I changed. I really like her, and want to be closer to her. I just think she's great.

So it should be a really good trip. Maybe I'll even tell them I'm in AA.

No comments:

Post a Comment