Saturday, November 20, 2010

Today is the day


Today is the day I'm going to quit smoking. I know I said Monday, but I've only got 3 cigarettes left, and it seems silly to go buy another pack when I know I'm quitting. Another pack would take me through Monday, but why not today? Why not start now?

Today is my 6 month sobriety date, and so it will be easier to keep track of when I quit. By May, I'll have a year in sobriety and 6 months without a cigarette. I can make it that far. If I've been able to quit drinking, I think I'll be able to quit smoking.

The problem is: all my crutches will be gone. All the ways I used to deal with my feelings will be void in my life. I won't have something to lean on when I'm stressed. I don't know how that's going to go, but since I'm already stressed, I'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment