Saturday, July 24, 2010

Momma bear


My mom wants to move to my town. I know, I know, that might be a little crazy. But there are some good reasons. She can't really get around the area where she lives anymore because of either the heat or the snow. She is stuck in the house about 6 months out of the year.

She just called me for permission to look. "Tell me truthfully, I won't be mad: would it drive you crazy if I moved there?" You know, I had to think about it for a while. "As long as you're not dependent on me too much, I think I could handle it." See, I would want her around if I were to have kids. I would need her help; she's great with kids. And she's been fine and taking her meds for two years now. She and I have a really good relationship. She's acting like the mom I've always wanted her to be.

And I would have free dog-sitting without having to rely on my ex-boyfriend's mom.

I think it would be alright. Some people might not think so, like Adam and Emily (Emily HATES my mom), but I've created some pretty tough boundaries in the past 5 years. I would be able to hold on to those, and probably start Al-Anon just to keep myself on track. She stayed here while I was in Europe, and I trusted her with my car, my dog, and my apartment. It was a test, and she passed.

So we'll see what happens and how I deal with it. I would rather my dad move here, but mom and I will be fine. Adam, don't freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment