Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sobriety is a roller coaster


A friend of mine just texted: "Hang in there. I've been told sobriety is a roller coaster." Boy is it! Feelings, numbness, feelings. I've been up and down, and up and down.

I don't like this downward trend at all. I hate feeling depressed. I like the mania of feeling good and looking into all the ways I can change my life. I like being optimistic. I'm an optimistic person at heart. People at meetings keep telling me I'm so bubbly and cute. Someone yesterday told me there's no way I'm 30, which is nice to hear. I like that I look young. "You're fucking gorgeous!" as the boys on the boardwalk say. I have to keep remembering that right now. Inside and out, I'm a gorgeous person. I have a lot of good qualities. I can't overlook that.

No comments:

Post a Comment