Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's the difference?




Fate: the will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do.

Destiny: a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency

Turning it over to God: believing that a power greater than yourself is in control.

I believe in fate and destiny. I also believe in God. I believe I can turn things over to the care of God, as I understand him. So what's the difference? My therapist asked me this this afternoon, and I'm not sure I know, yet.

Ok, so "the hand of destiny" is believing that something is bigger than you and is in control. The Fates are mythical beings in control of your life. Then there's God. All of these things are bigger than you, and are in control where you are not.

From a new age blog: "The Bible has the wonderful passage in Ecclesiastes 1-5, where it states; there is a time in our lives to build up, and to knock down, to be born to marry and to die. In other words every thing happens for a reason, and also when it happens."

Right. Things happen on God's time and not yours. It's your destiny, fate, His will. I don't think I get the difference, if there is one....

No comments:

Post a Comment